Lyell R. Hogg, DDS
Dr. Lyell Hogg is a native of the Isle of Whithorn, a small fishing village in southwest Scotland, (UK). He began his dental education at the University of Glasgow, School of Dentistry, before moving to the United States in 1992 with his wife, Susan, who is a native of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Graduating with his dental degree in 1995, from the University of Iowa, College of Dentistry, Dr. Hogg then went on to complete an additional 4 years of residency training with the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and graduated in 1999.
Dr. Hogg practiced oral surgery for a year after completing his residency in Rapid City, South Dakota before returning back to Iowa in August of 2000, to join North Iowa Oral Surgery Associates, PC Associates, PC in Mason City.
After rigorous testing and practicum, Dr. Hogg received Board Certification in 2001, and passed recertification in 2011, from the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and is a Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Dr. Hogg lives in Clear Lake with his wife, Susan, and a multitude of pets! He is one of the biggest Iowa Hawkeye fans you will ever care to meet and you can count on finding him in Kinnick Stadium during the fall football season.
Areas of Special Interest:
Dr. Hogg has a special interest in the area of dental implants and reconstruction of the jaws for dental implant placement and dental rehabilitation. As such he continues to pursue educational seminars and courses to continually improve dental implant therapy for his patient’s and keep up to date with the newest technologies and surgical techniques.
Dr. Hogg also holds membership in the following academic implant institutions:
- The International Team of Implantologists, (ITI).
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry, (AAID).
- International Congress of Oral Implantology, (ICOI).
- Academy of Osseointegration, (AO).
Dr. Hogg also feels it is very important for him to give back to the community in which he lives and participates in the Delta Dental Donated Dental Services Program for elderly, handicapped or needy individuals requiring oral surgical care.
Other Professional Affiliations:
- American Dental Association
- Iowa State Dental Association
- Iowa Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (Past President 4/2013 – 4/2014)
- Diplomat of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow of the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Foundation
- International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons