Patients choose dental implants for a variety of reasons but can expect to enjoy all of the benefits. Dental implants provide enhanced security, permanence, aesthetics, and function to other tooth replacement options.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental implants are permanent. Just like your natural teeth, dental implants require daily brushing and flossing to last a lifetime.
- Dental implants allow you to eat the foods you love. Teeth are made for chewing foods of all textures. Since dental implants are designed to function just like natural teeth, you can enjoy all of your favorite foods again.
- Dental implants preserve oral health. Bone loss is a common consequence of a missing tooth. Teeth can also move into the empty tooth socket, which shifts the overall alignment and function of the bite. A dental implant prevents bone loss and preserves the proper alignment of the teeth. In addition, healthy teeth are not damaged or modified to receive the implant, unlike other tooth replacement methods.
- Dental implants offer a natural look. The visible part of the dental implant is custom-made to blend in with the rest of your smile for a natural and balanced appearance.
- Dental implants are quiet. Unlike traditional dentures that may click while talking, laughing, or eating, dental implants do not. The clicking is due to the denture moving in and out of position; dental implants are fused into the jaw bone for a secure fit that won’t slip out of place.
- Dental implants offer speech without difficulties. Acting just like a natural tooth, dental implants allow you to speak with confidence.
- Dental implants are versatile. Dental implants can restore as many teeth as you need, whether it’s a single tooth or an entire arch of teeth.
At North Iowa Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center, Drs. Hogg and Kotecki are experts when it comes to placing dental implants. Many patients find they are candidates for dental implants, even those who may not be eligible for other tooth replacement options. If you are curious about dental implants and want to learn more, please contact our office to schedule a consultation. We look forward to meeting you.