- DO NOT eat or drink ANYTHING for 8 hours prior to your surgery.
- Only take prescription medications you were advised to take during your consultation with a small sip of water, especially any medications that you take for high blood pressure or to regulate heart rate. If you are on blood thinners or are diabetic, you will be given special instructions by our office or by your medical doctor.
- A responsible adult (18 years or older) must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. The escort will receive verbal and written instructions on post-operative care.
- Plan to rest for the remainder of the surgery day. The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes. (No flip-flops.)
- Remove all piercings.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, cough, or stomach or bowel upset, please let us know so we can reschedule your appointment.
- The use of alcohol or recreational drugs can have an adverse effect on the anesthesia medications that we use. Please discontinue the use of such for at least 72 hours prior to your procedure.
- If you were prescribed medications by your doctor, please closely follow the instructions for their use.
Women, please note: Antibiotics interfere with birth control medications. Please also use alternative barrier forms or abstinent forms of birth control for at least 3 days prior to and after the procedures and for as long as you may be on antibiotics.
If you are trying to get pregnant or have reason to believe you may be pregnant, please take a home pregnancy test prior to the procedures. Anesthetic medications have an adverse effect on the developing fetus, resulting in severe birth defects.
Important: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at the consultation and the surgical visit.